1.14.2017

Sisters' Style: GOM Silver Jacket


When the Christmas Gift-O-Meter came out this past December Mireia was already thinking about doing a series of Shopping posts reviewing the items. Luckily she listened to me, for once, and dropped the idea. We all know how that would have ended up... Still talking about the Christmas Gift-O-Meter on summer. But there are other ways to show you how we style the GOM items without having to do that painfully long series of posts Mireia likes so much to commit to but hates to end. And one of those ways it's our Sisters' Style post! 1 GOM item 2 different outfits. Let's get to it!

When I saw the items that came with the Gift-O-Meter and saw this silver jacket I thought it was cute, I didn't imagine that it would be such a nightmare to style. I made an outfit with it and the sparkling jeans from Pearls but wasn't convinced at all and as I didn't know how to make it better I tried to postpone styling the jacket. Unfortunately Mireia had already seen it and she had make her own outfit with the jacket to publish this post, so she forced me to put on the jacket again and style it.

Seeing Mireia's outfit with the jacket I realised I had to make something different to my first outfit, it made me hate it even more. She combined the jacket with an almost all-white outfit with black & silver details. She told me she had tried to cover what she didn't like about the jacket. And for that she used black belts and a decor sword. It seems like she was in a creative mood cause she combined three different pair of shoes to create those cool silver platforms. The result: and edgy futuristic interesting look. I like her ideas (specially the shoes) and what she tried to do but the jacket doesn't convince me.

In my first outfit attempt I tried to used the colours of the jacket: a little bit of silver, blue and nude. As didn't work out I changed my strategy and I tried to make the little hints of blue and nude of the jacket the only pop of colour. It didn't end up that way as I added that nude pink bag but it made me arrive to an better outfit than my first try. I particularly like the collar and cuffs of that silverish shirt popping out underneath the jacket. I made my entire outfit from that combination, trying to follow the lady vibes of the shirt.

Doing this post has made me hate that jacket a little bit, but if you like it and like our outfits, or if you're just curious for seeing all the items Mireia used in her original creations...


Mireia:
Sunglasses - Subcouture
Turtleneck - Callie's Picks
Jacket - Special Offer
Jacket (black part) - Bonjour Bizou x3 (belt)
Jacket (clasp) - Royalty (belt)
Jacket (silver trim) - Unknown (decor pirate sword)
Pants - IT Girls
Bracelet - Subcouture
Bag - Dolce & Gabbana Tribute
Shoes (silver boot) - MSW
Shoes (black trim with studs) - Fallen Angel
Shoes (white platform) - Killah

Judith:
Jacket - Special Offer
Shirt - PPQ by Mayfair
Skirt - Bonjour Bizou
Bag - Pretty n' Love
Shoes - Callie's Picks


No comments:

Post a Comment