10.06.2017

Sisters in Hotbuys: September 2017


Welcome to a section that we had a little forgotten for a while! We have decided to bring back the HotBuys posts, but instead of creating one post per each item, we will wait for the month to end and publish a monthly recap. That recap is pretty much inspired by the one an only Maurice (kickherout), that does that on her blog: NOT SO MUCH, but the doll. The section is called: Hottest Buys of the Month. I highly suggest you take a look, she's funny, a fashion genius and a crazy buyer!

That being said, we start this section at the same time the school year starts: SEPTEMBER. Still keeping our young spirit even though we are not teens anymore...



HOT BUYS - September 2017




CUT OUT TURTLENECK (RIO, 16SD)
J: Well if you're a regular reader of TheSSS you already know that I'm extremely satisfied with this top. I talked about it, all it's advantages and made several outfits in this Shopping post HERE. I don't think it's necessary to say more. I find it super versatile and wearable, nice graphics and a fun different twist with the cut out. 
M: Judith did enough spam already? I don't think it's necessary to say more. Being serious for a moment: I like it, it's cute. However, not cute enough for me spending 16 SD on it. That's why I let Judith bought that, I had my  mind in other pieces... 😏

POLKA WRAP SKIRT (Pretty n' Love, 18SD)
M: What the hell is that? I don't like it at all. I'm sure some of you will wear it and I'll be like "OMG I didn't know you could do such amazing outfits with that skirt". But for know, and until someone changes my mind, I think this skirt is too granny like, too long, too dotted, too ruffled... NOT FOR ME. 
J: I know who will change your mind sis. Marta-43, have you seen THIS? I love her outfit honestly! That skirt didn't caught my attention until I saw our friend Marta wearing it. And since then I've seen some more outfits with it I have quite liked. Conclusion, I don't find it hideous, I think you can do pretty nice outfits with it, but yep, I'm not buying either, let's leave it for the geniuses. 😉

HOOP ON HOOP EARRINGS (Pretty n' Love, 10SD)
M: Hoola hoop, hoola hoola hoop, hoola hoola hoop, hoola cintura dura dura! (if you don't know what I'm saying click here, and then maybe you'll know). I like the shape, don't like the mix of gold and silver. Seems like Lucy (a.k.a. SunnySidesSue) did passed on me her metallic rule. Y nos fuímos!
J: The worst HotBuys of the month in my opinion. I don't like either that mixture of silver&gold plus I don't even like the shape and the graphics could be much better. We've all seen better shades of gold and better shades of silver in stardoll. Definitely a NO. 

PATENT RED MULES (RIO, 14SD)
M: SO CUTE! I love them! And I saw Kelly (Kelzsprouse_1) with some amazing outfits wearing those red mules when I was coaching The Flaming Jalapeño Gang and that made me fell in love with them even more. However, I didn't buy them, and then I thought that maybe they weren't for me. Like I love them, but I'm not sure if they fit my style... Does that make any sense?
J: Of course it makes sense, sis! Same here! They're interesting though. They are trendy, special and they let you play and mix them with different items to create never seen before shoes, which can be really, really cool. 

KNITTED CORSET TOP (IT Girls, 15SD)
J: I like this top quite a lot. I don't want it and haven't bought it cause I'm not sure it's an item for me, but I think it's cute! I was actually hoping my sis here would buy it, which I don't know if she has done or not, but if you haven't sis I encourage you to do it, I think you would do a cool outfit with it. I like it's colour, the square neck and the detail in the sleeves, the one thing that maybe puts me a bit off is the ending of the top, which I'm not so sure about.
M: Mine, mine, mine! The lord Your sis heard your prayers, and bought it. Cause she loves it, the colour (she has been quite a fan of red lately), the sleeves, omg the square neck (OBSESSED!) and she even likes the ending of the top. And anyway, if she finally doesn't like it she can always cover it up with some high-waisted bottoms. Smart sister.


TAILORED TRACK PANTS (Velvet Orchid, 19SD)
J: This pants are "meh" for me. I'm not a big fan of tracksuit pants and I kind of like that they have these tailored structure cause it's the thing that makes me like them a bit more but the wide legs with a bit of a flare? I don't know, they don't convince me at all, they're not horrible, but it's a NO for me, even if I think you can style them easily in a good outfit.
M: Meh? YOU ARE MEH! (that's our mother favorite insult, just rebound whatever you said to her, even if it makes sense or not, whatever works). I love tracksuit pants (sport glam is my jam) and turning them into "business" pants got me like... "Get a pant that can do both", ya know? I will prove to you that they are super cool. Trust my word! Also, they remind me of those comic books we used to love (memory lane on the tailored track pants wow), where Will Vandom wished there existed a formal tracksuit dress. Because now formal tracksuit clothes actually exist! 

REDS PUZZLE BAG (Velvet Orchid, 13SD)
J: Mixed feelings about this one even though I ended up buying it hehehe. The thing is I love this Loewe bag in RL, I think it has many possibilities on how to wear it and looks and stuff and I think it looks really nice so that's what made me buy the stardoll version. But I would have preferred another colour and definitely different shading, without that shiny thing going on. Still think it will look cool in outfits but yes, that annoys me a little bit. EDIT: Ok, not sure if this was such a good purchase... Just notice that the way it stands in the hand makes it difficult to style with long sleeved or wide jackets/tops.
M: The shading is what puts me off with this bag. And I also thought about the shape in the hand issue... Again, smart sister here. Seems like someone rushed the shopping huh? Haha Nah, I'm sure Judith will be able to create an outfit that will change my mind. And the prize is not that bad, so don't worry about it sis!

POM POM ROSE EARRINGS (RIO, 11SD)
J: Cute! It can be a nice a addition to an outfit. Personally I only like to spend stardollars on earrings when they are really extravagant and cool, since there are some nice ones that already do the trick available for starcoins, so I'm not buying, but I do think they're nice.
M: Okay, I'm 99% sure you won't get this but here it goes: Baila cerquita y susurra POM POM! 😂😂😂 Why am I like that? The song doesn't even say that... (YouTube link in case you are interested in my childhood music). Back into the stardoll world: I do like them. They are cute, they are red, and you get the two earrings I'm guessing, not having to buy each one for 11 SD. I think they are still expensive, and I'm definitely not buying, but if you feel like it... go for them! They can be a nice touch as Judith said. I only buy starcoin earrings because I'm SO CHEAP. 🐭

PATENT CREAM COURT HEELS (Pretty n' Love, 14SD)
M: Mmm they are nice and a basic piece. Pointy cream shoes are classy. Since I already own some pointy shoes (they look great with wide leg pants) I think I'm gonna pass on those. But if you don't own any I think they are a must.
J: Yep, quite a basic item and kind of boring too. I don't know they're fine but they could be a little more appealing for me without getting out of the basic zone.

MINI AVIATOR SUNGLASSES (Original Future, 12SD)
M: I love this sunglasses! I've been wanting my doll to wear those retro oval mini sunglasses that I've been seeing all over Instagram, and those are the closest par yet! I definitely love them and I have this weird thing over sunglasses now, I can't stop buying, I love adding sunglasses to any outfit... Blame me. 
J: I think this design is far from those little retro sunglasses you like and something like that would have definitely been cooler. This pair is not bad, and I love the outfit you made for them, but they're just another pair of sunglasses, nothing surprising, nothing impressive for me.


THE OUTFITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment