1.15.2018

Shopping: Sequin Balmain Inspired Dress

This dress was the 19th window on the Christmas Calendar 2017, costing 25 SD. It's originally from Balmain.



I've been trying to find which Balmain collection it belongs to... With no luck. So instead, I'll just tell you why I fell instantly in love with it. It reminds me so much to the first Balmain collection I remember seeing and falling totally in love with it. It was back in September, 2011. Me and my sister had just decided to not just like fashion, but to be informed about it. We decided that we were going to buy one fashion magazine every month. We picked Elle for the first time, and as it was September it was accompanied by a nice Fashion Book with some of the looks from the fashion shows. We were loving going through the pages and picking our favorite designers, that we still didn't know that much about. That Balmain Spring Collection from 2011 was my total favorite. In that moment I decided that I was a Balmain fan. Little did I know that it was one of the last collections from Christophe Decarnin, as Olivier Rousteing was replacing him. I still like Balmain, but I've never seen another collection that I liked as much as that Balmain SS 2011. Maybe it was because I had this punk-Nirvana era, and I felt very close to the collection in that punk/trash style very Kurt-like, maybe it was because it was the first fashion show that captivated me as it was the first time I was getting interested in fashion shows... Who knows? It will always be my first, and I have a special love affection with that collection.


SO I BOUGHT THE DRESS! And then... I tried it on. And it's obviously nice, but it's one of those pieces that you can't really do a lot with them (or that's what I first thought), because it's so beautiful you don't want to cover it too much, but at the same time it's very elegant and a dress, so you can't add to many things. But... trial and error is always the best method, and I came up with 3 very different outfits that I want to share with you. 


First one, is obviously inspired by that Balmain collection I've been talking about. Second outfit is trying the dress to be just a very beautiful dress, so just adding elegant accessories for the dress to stand out for itself. And third was... well, combining pieces I though they looked cool. Apparently, this dress is made for black and silver according to my outfits haha

Which one is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment