1.23.2018

Sisters in HotBuys: November 2017


Well, well, well... Better late than never as we always say! Here we are with the HotBuys from November 2017, a monthly recap. This time we have some news... Well, rather than news... new collaboration! We've had the pleasure to incorporate the HotBuys QUEEN Oayes (aka Ashley) into the section! She'll be commenting together with us on the HotBuys of the month and you can keep up with our outfits at the end of the post. Without further ado....



HOT BUYS - November 2017




HYPE KNITTED SWEATER (IT GIRLS, 21SD)
A: You know when you're shopping and you see something cute, but you look closer and you see that it's ruined by words that don't make sense? Well this is the case. If there's one thing I hate, it's words on clothing! "Don't believe the hype" what does that even mean? Besides the unnecessary words, the sweater is extremely basic and for 21 Stardollars? I don't think so. If I were you, I'd pass on this Hot Buy.
M: Haha, I love having Ashley here commenting! I totally agree. Well, I do like words on clothes sometimes, but this is not the case. And I do not even like the shape of that sweater, nor the color.
J: Agreed. On everything. Colour is dull, shape is not flattering nor cozy, words don’t make sense and if it’s possible make the sweater even uglier and the price is definitely too high for an item like this. Don’t like, not buying.


SOFT CAMEL KNIT (Bonjour Bizou, 19SD)
J: Ok, first of all this seems really similar to the previous HotBuys of the month. Both camel sweaters… Stardoll could have at least released another different item in between these too. Anyways, it’s like a better version of the previous one and for less SD so that’s good. I really like the colour but the shape doesn’t convince me. The way it folds doesn’t look very flattering. In addition to that I don’t think this is actually a hot buy at all. We’ve been getting items like this one for 5 years maybe. Nothing new.
M: I was thinking something similar. Like the color is cute, I like it. The shape, I like the idea, but not so much how it ended up. However, I think covering up a little bit this unflattering shape it can look cool. I wouldn’t buy it, I think there are better options to spend 19SD in.
A: I agree with the both of you as it looks similar to other Hot Buys. I’m glad they added the off shoulder, though. It gives it more of an effortlessly, cozy vibe to it. As for the color, I think it goes great with the fall theme they have going on for this month.

SLIP IN PEARL HEELS (Pretty n’ Love, 14SD)
A: Is it me or does the left shoe look a bit odd? There is nothing spectacular about these shoes. The color is pretty and the mule shape adds sophistication, but that's all there is to it. They're nice, but I'm not too thrilled about them. 
J: Same, cute but I don’t think I’m going to buy. They’re not very interesting for me, plus their colour looks super similar to my doll’s skin tone and I’m not sure I like how that looks.
M: It does look a bit odd! Like it softly resembles a clown’s shoe somehow. Right shoe looks so much better, but I’m not a fan either. Can’t see what purpose those shoes would have on my wardrobe… So, passing on this one as well. 

PROENZA SCHOULER INSPIRED PANTS (IT Girls, 20 SD)
A: I was surprised to see the attached belt and button cuffs on these pants! On the
preview, they were hidden and it made them look like any other regular pants but now that I've seen the full version, I really like these cute details. I'm not so crazy about the color, though.  It's a unique color, just not for these pants. 
J: I also love the details of the belt and the cuffs, they make the pants very interesting! And I like the colour as well, I think it can make good outfits with a tiny bit different touch due to the less usual colour. However the way it folds under the belt puts me a bit off. I don’t know if it’s the shading or the shape but there’s something there that doesn’t convince. I’m unsure whether to buy them or not because of that.
M: I’m definitely not buying those, and it’s mostly for the shape. In real life, with movement they would look really nice, just not sure about this shape so rigid on our dolls. I agree with you both in the colour and the little details. But I don’t like those things enough to contrarest that shape I don’t like. 

FLOCKED TULLE SKIRT (RIO, 21SD)
J: I don’t like this at all. I kind of hate tulle skirts and this one, with that waistband it’s even worse. Reminds me of a gypsy and not in a cool fashionable way. I’m sure there’s a way to make it look cool, a certain styling/outfit that will make me go “wow!”, because that usually happens with extravagant items I dislike, but it’s definitely a no from me.
A: I want to like this skirt but I just can't! It looks super stiff and that waistline is horrendous! Sometimes I hate being a collector because I have to buy ugly Hot Buys like this. Oh, the struggle. 
M: I would prefer this skirt if it didn’t have this band in the middle of the skirt, composing like three different skirts in one. It reminds me of one of those stylings I used to create trying to be original and putting together three short skirts to make one long skirt. Just done it very badly (like I used to do indeed).

RIPPED IVORY DENIM (RIO, 23SD)
J: These are cool. I’m not too crazy about the colour, I would prefer pure white or beige, not this in between, but they look good. I also have mixed feelings about the slightly flared ending, because I think it makes them more special but at the same time I think they would look better as skinny jeans. I’m not going to buy them but as I already said, I think they’re cool.
A: These are a nice pair of jeans. I really like the torn edges and the flare was a unique touch. They give me a "off duty model" type of vibe, something Bella Hadid would wear. But as for the color, I wish it was just a simple white or beige as Judith said, but ivory will do. 
M: Agreeing about the colour thing. But I think it is in fact what makes this jeans more special, and not just another white ripped denim on stardoll. Even if it’s worse for combining pieces I really appreciate when new colours and shades come to live in this doll world we are part of. 

MISSONI INSPIRED SCARF (Velvet Orchid, 15SD)
J: My first thought when I saw it on the November Hot Buys post was a complete no, but now I kind of like it. The shape it’s a bit unusual (and extremely unpractical although that doesn’t matter in stardoll) but it looks kind of cute and I really like the colours, it looks great with the Proenza Schouler inspired pants! I would have put a lower price on it, like 12SD tops, but it’s not expensive either. Might buy it!
A: I have to agree with Judith. I didn't pay much attention to the scarf at first, but now that I've tried it on my doll I actually like it, like, a lot. I love the way it sits on the neck and how long it is. I think if it was slightly thicker, it would have been perfect. Other than that, I think the scarf would look great with a simple fall outfit. 
M: Again, I like the pattern and the colours, I’m just not sure about it being so extremely long. It will add a funny touch to any outfit, I have no doubt about that. But, I don’t like it enough to spend my virtual money on it. 

PRADA INSPIRED FAUX FUR BAG (Fallen Angel, 24SD)
M:  I love the idea of this bag and I like it even being big and all. But I think it will be very hard to make outfits around it. This is one of those bags that you have to create an outfit for the bag, and I like adding bags as the last piece, so I end up never using the bags that fall under this category. Other than that, I think it’s a great piece.
A: This is a novelty item. It's not something you would wear, but something you would want to have - just to have it. I actually like that they kept the "Prada" logo on it instead of changing it to "Hot Buys", (which they did to a bag in the past). If you're a collector of Prada, Hot Buys, or even bags, this would make a lovely addition to your collection. 
J: I don’t like it. First of all I hate that it is so big cause I’m a little bag lover. But even if I leave that aside and try to remind myself that it can be resized it’s still a no. That fur doesn’t convince me nor does the colour. In fact I think that the only thing I like it’s the Prada logo. 

KNITTED DEGRADE SWEATER (Original Future, 19SD) 
M:  Mmm, I know the degrade part is what makes special this sweater but it’s exactly why I don’t like it. Maybe if it was more subtle? Not this all of a sudden i’m brownish, before I was beige.
A: Another sweater? I get that it's sweater weather but three sweaters is a lot for just one month. I'm not a fan of the shape. It looks very boxy, but it can be covered up with a jacket. I think if the gradient faded gradually, it would've looked better.
J: Completely agree with Ashley, too much sweaters for the month! And not great ones either. I don’t like that degradé, it doesn’t make the item special it just makes it average and takes out the possibility of using it like a basic item.

D&G INSPIRED LEAF HEADBAND (RIO, 13SD)
M:  This is what I call a luxury item in stardoll. And what is it a luxury item? Something I would never wear because it’s too glam for street style. I like this hairband for editorial outfits or something more artistic, but I can’t imagine my doll wearing this with any outfit I could ever create.
A: Ehh, I'm not impressed by this item. It looks like a clusters of pearls and leaves. You don't know what it really is unless you get a close up of it. It is also a Beauty Parlor item, which makes this Hot Buy less attractive. 
J: I think it’s cute. I don’t know how would I style it or how to incorporate it in a casual outfit, like Mireia says, but at least when I see it I’m not thinking “what have they done?” which was quite a common thought this month. I like the little cute pearls and I’m sure there is a right outfit for it. 


THE OUTFITS.
Model: oayes
Styled by: mirdith, oayes, judith_25


No comments:

Post a Comment