9.16.2017

Shopping: NEW IN

We have had several new stuff lately on stardoll. New floor of Pearls, MSW store, Nelly.com sales... And I was feeling inspired and on the mood to create outfits today so I decided to bring you this post! :) Here are the three items I have bought lately: a HotBuys top, a scarf from Pearls new collection and this hot pink turtleneck from the Nelly sales.

Technically I'm a little late with the hot pink turtleneck since it's not longer available (the sales are over) but hopefully some of you would have buy it too or already had it and this can inspire you a little bit.

Combining the turtleneck with a kind of sporty look was the first idea that came to my mind for this turtleneck. It's bright colour and it's simple shape makes it great for this style I think. I don't have that many sporty clothes, in fact, I think this pair it's the only sweat pants I have, but I'm quite satisfied with the final look. The bag and top, both bring something to the outfit that makes it more cute than just another sporty outfit. 

My second look is more girly and has kind of an 80's Barbie vibe which I'm enjoying a lot. It was ages since I used that super wide belt and I think it's a perfect match with that skirt and top. Honestly (probably again for its colour) I think this turtleneck looks very good with this girly 80s-90s style, I also tried it with a dress on top and other skirts and I quite like everything, it reminded me of Clueless. 

Third and last look with the turtleneck came out of trying different items. I guess it's also a mixture of the other too, it has a little bit of a sporty and modern vibe but I'm still seeing a little bit of 80's. I usually don't like showing the stomach so much but I think it looks really good with certain items, this top and this pants are one of them. Also, loving the Prada bag!


Next on, the other top. The HotBuys black asymmetric top from Rio. I totally recommend this purchase. It's a basic item with a twist, I'm sure I'm going to end up using a lot. It's really fitted so let's you layer and tuck it under bottoms however you want and the colour shading is really nice (there are some blacks in stardoll that are really annoying when combining, the sweatpants in the first hot pink turtleneck look for example). And also the price it's really reasonable for a HotBuys, which it's definitely a plus!

First idea for the HotBuys top was to combine it with a midi skirt. I was really hoping to pull out a cool outfit with a midi but flattering midi skirt with high boots underneath without showing leg skin. Unfortunately I don't own almost any midi skirt and it was impossible for me to pull that off, so I went for something similar but with shorter skirt and shorter boots. I like the final result but it's worse than how I wanted it to be. It kind of combines a 50's vibe (it seems like today I'm very into other eras vibes ahhahaha) with a modern touch.

Another idea I had in my mind for this top was combine it with something vinyl. I have a skirt from PPQ of this material that I also tried on and it looked really good but I preferred to use this pants instead, which I haven't worn in a long time plus they were more interesting to match. Not sure of how I would define the style of the outfit that came out, punk meets purple? But yeah, chains and studs, sneakers and aviator glasses, preppy hat with purple scarf... No limits! Which is a good way to show that this top goes practically with anything you want, like I said, a basic (MUST HAVE) with a twist.

The third look it's my least favourite. In fact if I wasn't so fed up by now of creating outfits I would repeat it, but I want to end this already so there it is. I wanted to go for a total black look for the top but ended up adding that jacket and the rest is history. I don't even think it's worth a name so I'll just refer to it as total black failure


And to end this post my favourite item out of the three, the scarf. Why? For so many reasons! It's nice, it's super cheap and it's EXTREMELY versatile. Like literally, you can place it almost anywhere and it's the perfect finishing touch. As you can see I went for it's original position, as a belt and tied on the arm, but there are so many possibilities! On a bag, on a jacket, on your wrist... 

First look, no items from Millionaire Mansion but totally reminds me of it. So if you want to fake a Millionaire Mansion style here's what you need to go for. I like the combination of white blazer with white dress and white belt on top, the rest of the look it's a bit more "meh" and reminds me as well of an air hostess now that I look at it, but well it's still nice.

Second look, featuring the scarf as a belt. Definitely will be using this more times! I love the effect of the scarf with blue denim jeans and brings a nice pop of colour to the outfit. Also it makes me wish that I had a similar shirt in real life cause I would totally wear this, casual and comfortable but still cool.

The last look was supposed to be featuring the scarf as nice addition, Hermès style, to a bag. Don't know why I tried that dress with the Saint Laurent coat but I'm extremely happy I did cause it's what brought me the idea of putting the scarf on the arm and I totally love it! It reminds me of (WARNING! another era vibe about to come) 40's fashion with the coat, collared dress and the slight military vibes that the scarf on the arm brings, but obviously with a modern twist (hello sneakers and sunglasses!). I'm in love with the final result an is probably my favourite look out of this post. 


And this are all my new and latest additions to my closet! All with very good prices and very good items in my opinion! Hope this was interesting or inspiring for you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment