9.18.2016

Style Wars: Black Culottes

Oh yes baby! Did we talked about a new section? I don't know if we mentioned it or not, but... surprise! Here it is! I guess that by the name of it you can already guess what's the theme: a style battle. And the thing is... how? Let me introduce you to this new section that Judith came up with.

The concept is simple, confront dolls wearing the same pieces of clothing. It can be the same exact item or just a style, like a white tee. We will search around the stardoll world for users wearing that specific piece on their daily outfits and then put together a collage with all the outfits we find. And then... the war begins!

Based on the blog of one of our partners, Glimmer (Styled On The Street), we took the idea of doing a collaborative post. So, Judith and I will be "judging" who we think that wins the battle, we will hold a conversation until and we decide a final winner! This time though it will be more entertaining, meaning we won't save anything that we think about the outfit. We won't have any mercy, we will be fierce and savages! So, be careful if your outfit is on the collage ;)

And, without further ado... LET'S START THIS BATTLE!


Mireia & Judith

Oh wow, the first battle, this is exciting Judith! Don't you think? I do! I hope our readers find it interesting because I really hope we can continue doing this. Same thoughts! Let's get it started!! 

This is a very similar outfit that the dolls are bringing here. Not only they are wearing the item we want, the black culottes, but they also opted for a black outfit and the same stilettos. Personally, I think is a great choice of shoes for that type of pants. So, based on the rest of differences, (BarbieMinaj is a little bit more elegant, while gagapocker is more casual), I think I would choose gaga. I know it's more simple and a very easy look, but it can never go wrong. Plus, that off-shoulder top looks great with the choker and that blonde hair. I like it how she kept it simple adding just a small black bag and... done! On minaj... I like very much that transparent top and how you can see that Cleopatra tattoo underneath but... I hate that bag! I don't like the nose septum in silver and... well I appreciate how well she combined the outfit but gaga is better that minaj in here. Do you share the same thoughts Judith? Can we claim gagapocker the winner? Or do you have something else to say? 

Oh Mireia! First Style Wars post and we are already going to disagree completely. For me the winer is BarbieMinaj... What you said about gagapocker outfit it's true, all the elements she went for are perfect for the culottes, specially the big black choker which I love, but like you said she kept it simple, too simple for me to love it. I don't know I see her outfit and I think that's something you can pull out easily, while BarbieMinaj...'s is more different, original. I love how the sheer top looks with the jewelry and hairstyle and what a way to dress up those pants! They have a texture that makes them quite casual but she managed to make them look elegant and coordinated with the rest of her look. I'm not a fan either of the bag but I think she combined it well enough to make it look cool.

Maybe you're right on there... Even I admitted it. I do think that minaj is more "complete" in some way. But maybe it's true that if I came across those two outfits and I had to turn around to say "wow!", maybe I would do it for minaj (with that top bun and omg look at that contouring!!) and instead gaga would be just another teen girl. So... do we declare BarbieMinaj the winner of the battle? You have the last word! 

Ladies and gentlemen... BarbieMinaj... is our first Style Wars winner!! Congratulations! 



Let us know what you think of this section and your personal opinions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment