4.15.2018

Seen on FM-Style: Classic Man | Cycle 15 - Task 4


Hello, it's me. Yes, Mireia. I've decided to honor that beautiful hashtag Judith created for me in last post, and adventure myself in the review of the last task. So, without further ado, continue reading if you want to know what contestants had to do for Task 4 and how they addressed it.


Cycle 15 - Task 4: Classic Man
What would your doll wear if it were a man? Create that outfit without changing the doll’s genre.

We both believe in genre equality and that both, females and males, should be able to wear absolutely WHATEVER THEY WANT, so it’s a quite free task. Just think about your personality and style and how a different body would change the way you dress and portray it without losing your stylish touch in the way.

For the inspiration album we have chosen a-gender (gender neutral) outfits but feel free to do it your way.




The Origin.
This task was taken from Task 6 - Cycle 11. The winner of that cycle was one person who is competing in this Cycle 15! Rawan aka bornthiswaay. She was amazing during all the cycle, and I think she's the first winner that is repeating taking part on the competition once again. Exciting, isn't it? You can check if you want the Imgur Album from Cycle 11 here: Cycle 11 Imgur Album.

Cycle 11 was already one of the "good" cycles, where in every task contestants surprised us week after week. We also had the judges doing example outfits to show contestants some examples of what we were expecting. That translates into a huge amount of outfits I could share with you in this part of the post. I will try to stick to only 5, and sorry, my doll is in there but I think that outfit was cool. 😎💃🏻

mirdith (sorry, that's me); janetteLow (you'll see her down there as well); CoralCool91 (another Cycle 15 contestant); 
bornthiswaay (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose, they're just so good); MissAngelFace. 


The Inspiration.


The Judges' Examples.


The Contestants' Entries.
 

Well, well, well... Where to start... 
First of all I have to say that even though Judith wrote a very open description, most of you sticked to the stigmas of what is for guys and what is for girls, and I think I speak for both when I say that we would have liked to see some more out of the box outfits. But with that being said... 

I love pandaribbon's outfit with her using typical "feminine" pieces and still rocking the outfit, kelzsprouse_1's description in where she stated things like "I honestly don't see a huge separation because 'male' fashion vs 'female' fashion" or "I added a bag, because why the hell can't males wear and use bags!".  Then we have MajkaStar1999 with a powerful message on her tee and kickherout with an amazing use of socks in there. Alma1902 surprised us with a very luxury summer outfit and dobrapogoda stayed true to Barney Stinson and his use of suits. Some others opted to go for literally man's clothes to create their outfits (the_chuba, miss.privacy, LoveFotinh, janetteLow, CoralCool91) and bornthiswaay has created yet another stylish masculine outfit. 

I would also like to put in here Fede's words when judging pandaribbon's outfit, where he stated: 

"I appreciated the fact you used long nails, fur and glitters that too many times are defined only for girls. This help to break down the stereotypes. EVERYONE should use what he/she likes not based on gender stereotypes of any kind of stereotypes." 

I have to say that my personal favorite this time has been Janette (janetteLow) and her outfit with Johny Depp vibes. I think her doll looks super cool in it and I can picture both genders totally wearing that. Then I gave the next best score equally to Michal (MajkaStar1999), Maurice (kickherout) and Rawan (bornthiswaay). Even if Michal's outfit is a bit more simple, I think it looks very good and little details like the denim shirt poking out of the feminist tee make the outfit more special. Maurice has captivated me not only with the socks, but with those layers on the top part, Chanel bag included. And Rawan... she's always doing very different outfits that are still so cool and fashionable and this time wasn't less. That black and white outfit with the blue coat and all this masculine details like sneakers+socks, short hair with a cap and the shorts make her outfit one of the bests. 

Judges seemed to agree partially with me, as first position went to bornthiswaay, then janetteLow and then miss.privacy (that thanks to the extra point she got on the first position on the charts once more). And then finally we have MajkaStar1999 and kickherout in 4th and 5th positions. 

Luckily for our contestants, someone dropped out of the cycle which let us not having to eliminate none of these talented people (yet). So, to all the contestants, give your best for next task! And to all the people watching... keep enjoying the cycle and feel free to comment your favorites or your opinions in this blog's comments or directly into our Stardoll club: FM-Style


Join our Stardoll club if you haven't yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment