4.08.2018

Seen on FM-Style: A trip to Scotland | Cycle 15 - Task 3


Task 3 and we're already travelling, what do you have to say about that ANTM?
Sounds crazy? Not making sense? You just have to pay more attention to FM-Style club or read about what task 3 was about below, cause we're about to get on commenting the results.


Cycle 15 - Task 3: A trip to Scotland
It was a trend back in 2013 and it’s kind of trendy now too! Task 3 in Cycle 15 is about tartan! Go search in your closet for checkered items and make an outfit with them.

One tartan item is enough and you can place it anywhere in the look (accessories, main item…), just make sure it’s VISIBLE.




The Origin.
This task was taken from Task 2 - Cycle 3. The winner of that cycle was the one and only: Amaia (amaia_estebanez)! 

You can check if you want the Imgur Album from that cycle here: Cycle 3 Imgur Album.
It was a very small cycle, with very few participants and so it had fewer tasks. 

For this specific task I wanted to share two outfits two contestants did, and then make a small comparison. You'll see... 😉 I think it's funny how even the quality of the image of the outfits, and even the wigs are so less professional than what we see now! But leaving that behind I do believe that those outfits this two great stylists did are so in even right now, 4-5 years later. Kudos for that stylish members of FM-Style! 💃🏻




The Inspiration.


The Judges' Examples.


The Contestants' Entries.




⚠️ Ok, warning, this is going to start badly.
Yes, I'm sorry, I have to say it, I was expecting A LOT more. What happened? Is tartan or plaid not inspiring? Is everyone already tired of it? I thought I was going to be amazed by our contestants once more, but it didn't happen, quite the contrary, this week they have let me with a bit of a disappointment feeling. 

My favourite outfit this week it's not even from one of them but from one of the judges, Fede (FedericoMosi). How can you look that elegant while wearing tracksuit pants? And that pink plaid top? I absolutely love it. Plus I have that bag, and the graphics are not very good to be honest, that's why I never use it, and he managed to make it work and look super great in that outfit. Fede's outfit would have got my highest score this week for sure, but since he isn't competing this time...

My highest score went to Yousra (miss.privacy) and the other judges seemed to like it too, making her winner of the week again. She made a really cool combination of two different plaid items and mixed it with white and red details, making her outfit polished, trendy and cool. 

There were other things I liked yes, like the lacey sexyness in Kelly's (kelzsprouse_1) outfit or the risky mix of prints and colours in Kat's (pandaribbon) entry, but that's about it of what I want to comment. My most frequent thought this week, unfortunately, has been "yes, but... that's it?". 

No elimination this week again due to one contestant not completing the task, but that's fine by me, I want all these participants to make me shut up and regret what I have said today. Let's see if the next task (already announced on the club) will be the right one for that!

By the way! On a complete different note... If you want Mireia to also write some reviews make your petition in the comments section with #wewanttoknowmireiasopinion. I'm afraid it's the only thing that will achieve getting her to do it...


Join our Stardoll club if you haven't yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment