3.02.2017

Shopping: Starcoin Treasures - Dresses



Let's be honest, Starcoin items are not very common, and most of the times they aren't even interesting, that's why when we find one that we like and has the little blue coin marking its price we get so surprised and happy. And for the same reason I'm going to help you find some little gems still available at Starplaza in case you missed them. Starting with dresses!

I must say we had a terrible offer of interesting starcoin dresses before Vinyl and Pearls came out, so thank you Stardoll for realising those two and fixing it. In these stores we can find three different dresses that are quite cute and can make really cool outfits.


The white one has a really nice shape, you can wear it under coats or big sweaters as I did in the outfit of the left (Mireia is modelling in this post as you can see) and achieve a more casual approach, or embrace its preppiness and go for a more elegant look maybe with some heeled shoes and white cute socks underneath.

The collared one in the middle I think its an incredibly good dress for a starcoin item. The graphics are high quality here! And I love its ending with the flowy semi-transparent skirt. I would have preferred it didn't have the white collar but you can't have it all, I'm not complaining. It's not ugly but it limits your possibilities at the time of styling it. Talking about styling it... Rule nÂș1 in Stardoll outfits (and suitable sometimes in reality too): if you don't like a part of an item, cover it. Must admit that before making my outfit I was a bit lost at how to style it but after my experience I came to two conclusions: 1. Due to its shape it looks definitely much better with heels & 2. I really like it combined with a similar tone of blue. I also tried putting a sweater on and I was quite satisfied with the result even if I ended up going for a jacket.

The black denim one on the left seems to be screaming: "put a t-shirt or a turtleneck underneath meee!!!" Which is cool if you're into that trend. I think this one looks really good combined with sporty clothes (hello sneakers!) or a more school-girl style vibe (hello oxfords!). I opted for the first one as you can see in Mireia's doll. And hey! No limits with this one, you obviously can wear it as well with heels (hello thigh high boots!).


I couldn't make this post and not talk about Basics. Basics it's a gift from heaven. Really really really good prices, everything for starcoins and well, the name says it all, Basics you must have. I'm a lot more into the black & white collection rather than the colourful one or earthy-tones one they released later, but the colourful long-sleeved dresses can come in handy too. However what I'm featuring here are the lace dresses. A COMPLETE MUST HAVE.


I must have used those lace dresses like a thousand times. The shape is really nice so they look quite well on its own, like in the first outfit, and you can also forget it's a dress and use only the lace part as the edge of almost any bottoms, as I did in the third outfit. Plus the shape it's really versatile, meaning that it isn't annoying or difficult to layer, you can easily place it making it longer, add different items to make them more different...

And in the middle a nice little extra. The red dress Mirdith's wearing is from Voile, it doesn't appear in the actual shop only if you look for it in the catalogue. The shape could be better fitting (the right shoulder looks a tiny bit wide and out of place) but can be easily fixed putting a coat on top. Plus as it's quite tight so you can easily layer or costumize it too. And what I love about it it's its sheer texture, it looks so delicate and nice and perfect for contrasting it with a casual or edgy look. When I styled it in Mireia's doll I added the black underwear underneath to go for that edgy modern vibe.

Hope you liked this post and find it useful! And if you want more I might bring you more of this with other categories of clothing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment