8.02.2016

Shopping: Rio Alexa Gold Sequin Skirt

I always think it's interesting to do Shopping posts about starcoins items as it's easier to earn them so even if you don't have enough at the moment you can save a bit for a few days and buy it. That's why I thought about doing one for this gold skirt. I think its shape it's really cute and flattering, but at the same time, being gold it's a little bit more difficult to style it and less versatile, so maybe I can give you some ideas if you're unsure of it's nice item or not.

For the first outfit, I don't know why but I thought that it would look cute the gold combined with leopard print, in small amount though, as if there were lots of leopard it would end up looking tacky. So I first put on the lace top as I think it looks lovely underneath blazers or other light jackets, then added the blazer which is perfect cause it has small gold buttons that match the skirt and finally went for a little more special touch with the leopard heels. As I was already wearing a black choker and the heels of the shoes were black as well I went for black accessories like the clutch and thin belt.


The second outfit it's kind of normal but at the same time nice. Gold and black, safe combination. I went for a little bit of and edgy style with the ankle boots and the biker jacket, but with the elegant touch of the gold skirt it all blends into a casual outfit.


The third outfit would fit into a Simulating post as it's a copy, not mine. I was looking to some photos through Pinterest to get some inspiration and saw this photo of a gold skirt from the Balmain Spring Summer 2012 collection (By the way it's amazing this is 4 years old... I feel like if only had passed a few months... I'm getting old.). At first I was only going to copy the idea of styling it with a denim shirt, but then I found in my closet this big gold belt and realised it looked almost the same so I went with it and copied the entire outfit. So Balmain from the runway to the streets! ;)


Finally, the fourth outfit is also the product of a little bit of research through some street style photos. I saw a lot of girls wearing sequined skirts with big rock t-shirts and I thought it was actually a good idea. A mixture of peep-toe ankle boots with strap heels with gold details and a Saint Laurent red bag to add a little bit more of colour and ready to go!


I would have also liked to include one outfit combining the skirt with other colours other than white or black but I didn't have more time and not a single idea of how to do it so... maybe another time ahhahaha! Anyway, you can also share your take on the skirt in the comment section, I would love to see your ideas! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment