12.28.2016

Splendorous: Affordable Make Up (I)

Hello everyone!

I realised that I haven't done any Splendorous posts on the blog for a while, and as I'm the beauty guru from the Stylish Stardoll Sisters (not a lot of choices right?), it's my duty to continue carrying on with the "tradition" of at least one Splendorous post every month.

While I was thinking about what to do for this post, I realised that creating make up tutorials require a lot of items. So, I thought of doing the total opposite: less make up. What does that mean? Taking advantage of some features of the Beauty Parlor and some necessary items from Dot (the less expensive brand for make up on Stardoll). You're interested? Keep reading! :)

Prep your face !
These steps are the ones that you need to do first. Then we will continue on from here on the next make up looks. 

1. Contouring
You just need a brownish blush that is darker than your skin tone. I'm using Dot Deep Tan Blush.  Drag it from the corner of the mouth to the ear, and there you have it!



2. Highlighting
Go to the Beauty Parlor > Face & Body > Face. On the bottom part right, choose a shade that is lighter than your skin tone. I'm dragging the white shade to an approximate 60%. Your cheekbones are now highlighted. 



3. Fill your brows
This step is in case you want to make your eyebrows look fuller, but I know there's people that prefer discrete eyebrows. You will need the Dot Black Madness Eyebrow Pencil. Why I'm using black? Because it doesn't matter which colour you want your brows. We're just filling them. We will need to complete this step going to the Beauty Parlor > Face & Body > Eyebrows
So, when you have your brows filled in with the black eyebrow pencil, choose the colour you want and put the bar very close to the 10%. You will see that now your brows are the chosen colour but fuller and just for 2 SD. The thing is that there aren't too many eyebrow pencils to choose from on Dot, so we need to do this to have our desired shade. I like mine black by the way, but not too much. I put it around 25%.


4. Eyelash extensions 
We will create an eyelash extension effect to start with. To do that, you just need the Dot Black Madness Mascara. Use it ONLY on the upper lashes and voilĂ . 



Natural, no-make up effect
This one is the easiest and the one that will go with your casual outfits. It's based on your colour skin.


You just need:

- Eyeshadow
We will need 3 things. First, a nude eyeshadow tone that goes well and barely visible with our skin tone. I'm using Dot Powder Pink Eyeshadow , applying it from the middle of the eye to the end, to give some deepness. Second, white eyeshadow for the inner corner, Dot Royal Shadow. Finally, Dot Royal White Eyepencil, to complete the white eyeshadow, but on the bottom part of the eye.



Lipstick
We need a nude lipstick. But you don't even need to buy one. Just go to the Beauty Parlor > Face & Body > Mouth. There, you can choose the nude color that goes better with your skin. I'm using the third one starting from the right.



As this post is going on for too long, I've decided to divide it in two parts. There will be 2 more looks on Part II. For now, we've spent 31 SD, but in very useful and basic make up that is useful for a lot of other things. You'll see how we continue using the same things for the next part.

See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment