12.20.2016

Sharing HotBuys Advice: December 2016 #8

It Girls
23 SD

MIREIA:
I didn't think I would like it when I saw it on the catalog, but then I put in on my doll and voilĂ ! I think it's very fitting and looks great on our dolls bodies. I like this dark denim colour as well and the sewing in this yellow/orange. What I'm not very fond of is the opening that makes the leg visible. I mean I would like it, I love this kind of things usually, but not this time. With that tight denim midi skirt I would have loved it to be very tight all over the legs until the knees and it's not happening. Also, for the outfit it was way more complicated than what I was imagining, so I don't think I would buy this.

I wanted to base my outfit in beige/brown cause I love how it looks with dark denim. It could have also been white, but not sure I like it with black, so I went all for brown in here. I just completed the outfit with brown accesories and tried to give this casual/normal girl vibe by adding the black bag she's supposed to throw in everyday.

JUDITH:
I agree with everything Mireia has said. I also thought i wouldn't like it but they did really well with the graphics which makes it good. The denim texture looks perfect and the yellow/orange sewing it only improves it even more, it looks so real. The shape is great too, as Mireia said it fits and looks well on our dolls, not like the cape from Sunday 4th... I'm not sure what to think about the slit. I think it's a nice addition and it gives more mobility to the body (I know our dolls aren't actually going to move, but I just can't help but imagine how uncomfortable this skirt without the slit would have been... Denim is a quite stiff fabric and that tight and covering half of your legs...) but at the same time I'm not sure if it goes with a denim pencil skirt. I'm not going to buy it either because it's not an item I want but they did well with the shaping and graphics this time. No complaints!

Since I tried it on I knew I wanted to do denim on denim for the outfit. The blouse from IT Girls was perfect as it also has the same sewings in yellow/orange but the blue of the denim is a bit lighter so it doesn't look like you're wearing matching denim clothes. I ended the outfit with brownish accessories.





Remember that if you submit your outfit on SMW (Stardoll's Most Wanted), besides of taking part in a poll (when available) you will also have the chance to be selected by us for our monthly HotBuys recap, winning a HotBuys of your choice. The prizes will be provided by Jenna (emorox4eva), owner of SMW.


No comments:

Post a Comment