1.20.2016

Splendorous: All about red

On Saturday a new collection of Dot came out with new items in different shades of red (Perfect Burgundy, Bright Spark Red, Darkest Burgundy and Red Velvet). Mireia, did a post some time ago about different uses of red lipstick (you can check it out HERE), so I thought I could do something new: try the new items on my doll and give you an honest opinion about them.

So there are some items that are completely useless for me, like the eyebrow pencils (cause there's no possible way I can think of making red eyebrows look good) or the mascaras (I don't know why they keep launching mascaras in different colours, black always looks better). I'm not a fan either of lip pencils but if you use them with the exact same color of lipstick they can give the impression of fuller lips, so at least they have a positive function.

For the other items I decided to be open-minded and give them a chance. I tried them on two different make ups and decided to leave all my thoughts written so you can skip the little investigation and move directly to the part in which you decide to buy or not. 


MAKE UP 1: Goth Glamour


Thoughts:
- The new blushes are definitely not for me. I'm more into a natural look with neutral colours of blushes that only enhance your features but with all these different shades of red it's really bright. I picked the lightest one and I still had to repeat the correct move so I didn't look like if I had been punched on both sides of the face. Obviously after this result I completely dismissed the idea of trying with two layers of blush. 
- The different shades combined as eyeshadow look really cool, like something in between natural but fierce (and they are easy to use).
- Dark lipstick looks great.


MAKE UP 2: Vampire Softness


Thoughts:
- Bloodshot eyes can look original and cool.
- Eyeliner and eye pencils in different colours (other than black and white) look really interesting and extravagant.
- Goodbye to the bright red lipstick, darker tones look much better. 
- Stick to the neutrals for the blush, they're easier to apply, look more natural and basically they're prettier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment