11.09.2016

Sister Talking: New collections

Dear Mireia,
We need to talk about this situation we're living. There's some kind of untalked pact between us to not speak about that section we used to call Store Statement. Stardoll has been releasing new collections and yet either of us has done a post about it. 
I must admit that it is one of the most boring sections to elaborate. It takes time to search or create outfits with the new items and the collections are never that amazing that we're crazy about sharing all our favourite items and what can we do with them. And now that summer's over we have university duties and our new Hot Buys section which requires our time and attention too, which leaves us with this lack of Store Statements. 

I don't think it's a big issue, when we have time and feel like it we will make one and it will be good. I think it's worse if we just keep doing them half-heartedly, cause then it won't be quality content. And quality over quantity, right?

Anyway, the fact that we haven't reviewed the new collections doesn't mean we can't ever talk about them, so with the new Millionaire Mansion coming out I thought it would be a good idea to give you a little summ-up of my opinion of all of them together in this Sister Talking.

I'm talking about Tingeling Halloween Couture, Rio, Fallen Angel, Voile, and as I said before, Millionaire Mansion (although it turns out that now if you don't have the millionaire mansion suite you can't buy the items from the brand, which it makes sense but it had never been this way before). And out of all those new items from all those different ones these are for me the good ones:


RIO: I usually don't like Rio at all so this collection surprised me in a good way. I think you didn't buy anything though, so I'm not sure if you agree on this, but the green/purple/yellow items remind me a bit of Versace and I think they can look if you wear them with the right stuff. And I guess you already know how much I like that ruffled top. It's so bold which makes it perfect for finishing a super casual and simple outfit!

Millionaire Mansion: With Millionaire Mansion it happened exactly the opposite than with Rio. I usually like their items a lot and this collection was a bit of a failure. I don't know, there are a quite a few items that it's like I get the idea behind them but I feel like they didn't get the desired final result, like they should be good but they aren't. I would just save the bags. Specially the pink one, you know I love that colour! Plus it's a copy of the Louis Vuitton Capucines and stardoll versions of designer pieces are always good!

Fallen Angel: I think we were both quite happy with Fallen Angel and the new pieces. We even had to have our typical discussion about who got which items. I'm thanking you again here for letting me have the pink body. I like as well the pink tunic you got, I think it's more difficult to style but I'm sure you will do a great job with it, I can't wait to see it how you wear it in fact! About the pants, I think I already mentioned you in person my opinion before buying them, they look really nice and perfect for autumn, so that leaves me with the beanie! I hadn't noticed the beanie until I made an outfit with it for a com at our partner blog SMW, but the truth is it's quite cool! I think it's more your style than mine though, so I'm not gonna buy it, but hey, just sharing my opinion here with you in case you want to give it a thought! ;)

Voile: Voile didn't make it for me. I remember I was really surprised when you said that you wanted a few items because from the entire two new floors I only was interested in the black velvet body. That specific item I think it's really cool and can be used either as something basic in an outfit or as the center of attention. I don't remember now what were those items you liked, but well I'm sure you will be able to pull them off. To be honest it's not that I don't like the collection, the collection it's great! Inspired by Elie Saab! You know I love Elie Saab... But it's just too elegant for my taste. We both agree that we don't like to buy gowns or very smart clothes on stardoll cause they give you less freedom on how to style them, although it's Voile after all, it's supposed to be elegant, but I think you understand me, sometimes the items are more versatile and even if they look super elegant on the store you can use them for casual outfits later. 

Tingeling Halloween Couture: I did not buy anything from Tingeling but it did surprised me positively as well. We also commented it, that we both were expecting clothes a lot more halloween-like, more for making costumes rather than outfits, but instead they brought us a nice collection based mainly in snakes. You bought the blazer and pants combo in a red snake print and I have to say that I love it. I've seen a few girls around stardoll wearing it and looks so cool, very Roberto Cavalli style (not sure if I just came up with this comparison or if I read it somewhere). I would have definitely bought the green body with the snake on it, but it's only for Superstars and right now I'm not so... Not happening. 

And I did some outfits too just to have some fun and for old Store Statements sake! ;)


xx



No comments:

Post a Comment