11.13.2016

Style Wars: Ripped Blue Jeans

A few days ago one of our readers told us that Style Wars was their favourite section. Since we heard we've been trying to put together a new battle. It took us some time to find the right outfits but it's finally here!


Mireia & Judith

Well Mireia, I think this will be a good one to debate. The four outfits are really casual and cool but very different at the same time. Not a surprise though, you can wear ripped blue jeans with anything, but anyway, I'm sure we both have our preferences and some things to comment. Definitely! I don't know who are you gonna chose as a winner before hearing my arguments, but I think there's so many options in here and all of them are so good that I don't know if it will be easy to get to a final decision. But, let's start and see! What do you have to say Judith? 

For the moment I agree with you Mireia, I don't think it's going to be easy to get to a final decision, that's why I think the best way to approach this is by elimination. I know for a fact that minaj131's outfit it's not going to make it for me. It's not that I don't like it, I think it's quite cool, but that kind of suitcase as a bag doesn't convince me at all. I like how all the patterns and items (other than the jeans) are super colour coordinated, but that bag... Definitely a bad choice for me.  There's something more that puts me off and I'm not certain of what it is. Maybe you can express it Mireia? What do you think of minaj131's outfit? Would it be the outfit that you eliminate first too?

I think you already just heard me loling! I just started to read your opinions, and I was agreeing with you about the "let's start eliminating instead of choosing our favorite", until I read that you're eliminating my actual favorite. I like all the outfits actually, but minaj131 has something special with the color combination, everything looks very coordinated, I love it. I'm not sure about the bag either, but looks edgy and different, so I pass it. I would have eliminated SarahVIP though. I don't know, her outfit doesn't look bad, but I like top part and bottom part, just that... separated. Blue shoes and black bag? Not for me. And the coat with those jeans... not sure it convinces me either. So... what should we do next? This is too funny to be true! Still can't believe that my favorite is the one you want to eliminate first. Don't you agree a little bit with me about SarahVIP though? 

Hahahahha let's leave for a moment minaj131's outfit then and if necessary we will discuss it again further. About SarahVIP, when I saw her outfit I was surprised cause I would have never thought of putting those items together. As you said the combination of that coat with those jeans it's unsual and I quite like it. I think her outfit looks effortlessly cool which is a great characteristic that it's not very easy to achieve. Now that I've read your opinion about it I can't help but feeling that is lacking something. I guess I love the style, that casual cool vibe, but if you look deeper the combination of items it's not that good. Before eliminating her though, I would like to point out her outfit it's the one that looks more different from all the others, which are a little bit sporty while hers it's not. That said, bye bye to SarahVIP. Byeeee! :) That leaves us with jufashionista4 and lenas. Let's go for it!

I love the man's sweater lenas used for her outfit, I used it too for styling a HotBuys and I love how it looks. However, looking at the whole outfit I prefer jufashionista4. The combination of items she has gone for may seem more obvious but I just love the final result. The vibrant red colour gives life to the outfit; the white turtleneck looks perfect in shape, colour and style for the coat and matches perfectly with sunglasses and sneakers; the ripped jeans go with the casual sporty vibe and it's colour accentuates the red of the coat and finally the black bag, I would usually think that is out of place between all that white, but nope! Maybe it's because the black shades of the sunglasses but looks great and adds this (sorry for using again this expression) effortlessly vibe, as if she didn't care too much about matching her clothes. So I think it's pretty obvious who do I want to win, unless you convince me of the opposite.

I'm super sorry but I have to disagree again with you. I'm getting sleepy here, and should end this as soon as possible, but! I don't like how the black bag looks on jufashionista4. I agree with the rest of the outfit, but I think it's too easy. It's what I would have pulled out if I had all these items around there. It's too easy: white tee, denim ripped jeans, sneakers and what is for me the trend of this winter: a big oversized winter jacket. The only thing she had to do was to add some accessories. The sunglasses are ok, but that bag? I don't like it! I prefer minaj131 suitcase than this bag. On the other hand, I like how in lenas' outfit everything gives you a masculine touch but casual at the same time, so over the two of them I prefer lenas. It's more different and elaborated somehow. 

After a quick deep look again at the outfits... Omg, now I'm doubting of everything in life? It's the Earth still round? I'm now liking SarahVIP's outfit, because it certainly looks different and (your favorite expression is coming) effortless! 

Okay, yes! I'm changing my mind. Let's eliminate minaj131 (that was your choice), and instead of eliminating SarahVIP as my choice, I would like to take out of the picture jufashionista4. There's nothing surprising for me in that outfit even if it looks cool enough. 

Ok, one for one I guess. What do we do know? Should we end this in a tie between lenas and SarahVIP, cause I would definitely vote for SarahVIP and I'm guessing you'll vote for lenas and we would keep arguing without getting anywhere.

Humm... I don't like ties... What if we put a score 1 to 10 to each and see who has the higher average score? 

Let's do it!
jufashionista4: 8.5 + 6 = 14.5/20 = 7.25
lenas: 8 + 8 = 16/20 = 8
minaj131: 7 + 7 =14/20 = 7
SarahVIP: 8.5 + 7 = 15.5/20 = 7.75

We better finish this soon as you laptop is in less than 5% battery and no signs of a charger plugged in! I will let you do the honors since is your choice that is winning... Go ahead sister! 

Pay more attention sis, it wasn't my choice ahhahahaha! But anyway, the winner is... lenas!! 
Oh wow yes! Sorry... I was looking at the sevens... CONGRATULATIONS lenas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment