7.25.2015

Shopping: Nelly Flirty Offshoulder Top (Part I)

Hello everyone! When we were doing the previous Sisters' Style (click here to see it) we almost end up using this red offshoulder top from the same collection of Nelly than the pink dress we did.


I personally love it, and I think it's very summery. This bright color brings me joy and happiness everytime I see it, don't ask me why. But the grass is always greener on the other side ... I didn't know how to style it. - Is that sentence good used in here? I've always wanted to say it hehe - 

So, what's the best way of getting ideas and inspiration for a good outfit with a specific item? As a good scientific girl I am, I use the trial and error method. I start doing outfits. I actually spent most part of my afternoon on that (the other one trying to do a good guacamole). At the end I came up with 8 outfits!! A bit insane, I know. I think we never did a Shopping post with that many outfits. That's why I'm separating the post in 2 parts. One for today, and one for tomorrow.

Maybe it was an inspirational day because I felt like I had to accompany those looks with proper hair and make-up. :)


The first outfit was actually my first idea for this top: everything in white, red lipstick and statement necklace. I like it but I feel like it's somehow an easy and typical combination, and that's why I continue experimenting and try to combine it with black on the second outfit. In the end, I quite like it with black (you'll see) but what I like most about that outfit though is that Texas country look I manage to represent. It's glamorous and summery at the same time maintaining the cowboy basics: boots, belt and hat. For the make up, I din't did any hairdo and went for smokey eyes and nude lips. I think it complemented well the outfit.




I continued combining that rep top with black, and on the third outfit I realised that if my doll's hair was loose, I didn't mind not pairing the top with a necklace. Simply with crochet pants it's amazing how any outfit can turn in seconds to a fresh outfit. I didn't add much, just some heels to bring some elegance and a clutch with the same purpose. Fresh make up and ready! Totally the opposite of the forth outfit, the last one of this Part I. This one is super edgy and for going to the beach. It's also fresh, but in a very different style, showing some indie vibes. For the make up and hair I decided to use a dark lipstick, a little more eye-liner and a hair that fit with those feelings that the outfit brings.

Outfit 1
Top - Nelly.com
Shorts - Pretty n' Love
Sandals - Nelly.com
Clutch - Callie's Picks
Necklace - Fallen Angel

Outfit 2
Top - Nelly.com
Shorts - Nelly.com
Boots - It Girls
Belt - Rio
Hat - Bratz
Sheriff necklace - LE
Chainlink necklace - Saint Laurent Paris Tribute
Bag - Gucci Holiday Tribute

Outfit 3
Top - Nelly.com
Shorts - It Girls
Belt - Chanel Tribute
Sandals - Nelly.com
Clutch - Bonjour Bizou

Outfit 4
Top - Nelly.com
Bikini - Bonjour Bizou
Necklace - Royalty
Fanny pack - Original Future
Sandals - Fallen Angel
Sunglasses - It Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment